The Yellow Jackets and the Seminoles will go to head to head this weekend for the first time since 2018, where Georgia Tech took 2 out of 3 in Atlanta.
Coming in to this series, both teams are 18-14 overall and are both ranked in the top 25. Needless to say, this is an important series for both teams.
Georgia Tech went on the road and traveled to Blacksburg, Va last weekend to face Virginia Tech. In taking 2/3 games from the Hokies, the Jackets put up 26 runs. Georgia Tech then carried their momentum into their midweek series win vs crosstown rival, Georgia State, by a final score of 7-2.
Florida State welcomed Boston College into Tallahassee, Florida this past weekend. Also, in taking 2/3 games from the Eagles, they put up 15 runs. They did not have a midweek game, so they have had a few extra days to rest, compared to the Jackets.
Four crucial factors concerning Georgia Tech ⬇️
1. The Yellow Jackets are number 2 in the ACC hitting at .287 for the season and is number 2 in ACC play at .298.
2. True freshman Kevin Parada continues to lead the Yellow Jackets and is eighth in the ACC, hitting .354 on 46 hits.
3. In a combined overall of 134.2 innings, the GT pitching trio has allowed 57 earned runs for a collective ERA of 3.81. They have also combined to a 2.7:1 strikeout to walk ratio.
4. Archer’s 3.19 ERA ranks sixth in the ACC, while Hunter’s 18 strikeouts looking rank fifth in the ACC.
Four crucial factors concerning Florida State ⬇️
1. #63 Matheu Nelson currently leads the country with 15 home runs and is also fourth with 48 runs batted in.
2. Starting pitcher for Friday night, #15 Parker Messick, is second in the ACC with a 2.70 ERA and is fifth nationally with 77 strikeouts.
3. Starting pitcher for Saturday, #43 Bryce Hubbart, is eighth in the ACC in both strikeouts (57) and batting average against (.218).
4. The Seminoles leads the all-time series 75-47 against the Yellow Jackets.
This is a big opportunity for Georgia Tech to continue their momentum and take 2/3 from Florida State and win another ACC series.
First pitches are scheduled for 7:30 PM, 6:00 PM, and 1:00 PM. Those games will be broadcast live on ACC Network Extra and WREK 91.1 FM.