Game Times and Location:
Friday: 5 pm, SEC Network+
Saturday: 5 pm, SEC Network
Sunday: 2 pm, SEC Network+
Taylor Stadium, Colombia, MO
The Georgia Bulldogs intend to keep their hot streak alive as they travel to Missouri for a three game weekend series. Georgia (24-12, 7-8 SEC) are winners of 6 of their last 8 games, averaging 8.6 runs in that span, while Missouri (11-23, 4-11 SEC) are losers of 6 straight.
Georgia is coming off a series win against Kentucky last weekend. The Dawgs were held to just one run in the first game of the series but bounced back to win the last two including a 17-6 routing on Sunday. Georgia also blasted four homeruns in a comeback walk-off win against the Clemson Tigers on Tuesday night.
Missouri is looking to bounce back after being swept by Florida in Gainesville. The Tigers had chances to win in all three games including holding a 5-run lead in game two before failing to stop the Gators’ hot bats. Mizzou’s scheduled midweek matchup against Missouri State was canceled due to contact tracing within Missouri State’s program.
- RHP Seth Halvorsen will take the mound for game one on Friday. The redshirt Sophomore holds a 3-2 record along with a nasty 7.07 ERA. He took the loss against Florida in his last outing, giving up 7 runs on 9 hits while walking 4 and striking out 3 in 4 2/3 innings.
- RHP Spencer Miles will give it a go for game two. Miles is 1-6 with a 7.57 ERA. In his last start, he went 4 innings giving up 4 runs on 3 hits and 3 walks.
- RHP Zach Hise will wrap it up on Sunday. The Freshman is 0-5 with a 6.27 ERA this season but pitched pretty well last weekend only giving up 2 runs on 6 hits and 2 walks.
- LHP Ryan Webb will hope to continue his streak of dominance on Friday for the bulldogs. Webb is 2-2 with a 2.83 ERA on the season. The lefthander hopes to have some better luck though as he was outdueled in his last outing against Kentucky’s Cole Stupp. Webb went 6 2/3 IP giving up 3 runs (2 ER) on 5 hits, 1 walk and 8 strikeouts.
- RHP Jonathan Cannon has the Saturday matchup against Miles. The Sophomore righthander sports a 2-2 record this year with a 4.06 ERA. The high ERA can be misleading as Cannon has been improving throughout the year. Most notably when he threw 7 shutout innings in the rubber match against the then #1 ranked Vanderbilt Commodores.
Keys to the Series:
- The Tigers needs Sophomore Torin Montgomery to stay hot as he holds a season high nine game hitting streak. In that stretch, he is 14-33 with 2 homeruns and 7 RBI’s. It will be important for them to keep up in the scoring column as the Dawgs have been swinging hot bats lately.
- Scoring runs and scoring early will be important if the bulldogs want to win their third straight SEC series. UGA is 1-6 when scoring two or less runs, but that record jumps to 8-3 when scoring 3-5. It will also be important for them to score early as they are 16-6 when scoring first this season.